ABQTIC is the association currently in charge of the organisation of the XXXIII IULTCS CONGRESS to be held from 24th to 27th November, 2015, in Novo Hamburgo, RS, Brazil.
• ABQTIC was founded on 10th November, 1971. By the time of the XXXIII IULTCS CONGRESS is held, the association will be celebrating its 44th anniversary. It will be the second such event organised by ABQTIC. The first one was the XXII IULTCS CONGRESS occurred in Porto Alegre, RS, in 1993, that is remembered as one of the greatest IULTCS congresses ever.
• ABQTIC objectives and purposes include:
1. Promoting science and technology in leather manufacture;
2. Organising and holding conferences, dialogues, round tables, seminars, courses, study groups and similar events;
3. Encouraging the production of literature about science and technology;
4. Publishing, in REVISTA DO COURO, original scientific papers, translations and bibliographic reviews as well as news and notices that may interest ABQTIC and its members;
5. Collaborating in the preparation of official test methods on hides, skins and chemical products used in the leather industry;
6. Studying issues regarding raw material enhancement;
7. Offering scientific and technical advice to its members, local authorities, the National Industry Confederation, the Brazilian Trade Confederation and any other public or private organisation that may require assistance;
8. Organising, and participating in, national and international congresses.
• ABQTIC’s current membership amounts to 1.500 members including technologists, chemists, attending technicians, teachers and professors, researchers and everyone with an interest in the leather industry both in Brazil and abroad.
• ABQTIC publishes REVISTA DO COURO, a technical magazine that is distributed to all its members, tanneries, chemical product producers, machinery manufacturers, service providers and trade organisations as well as teaching and research centres linked to the leather sector. The REVISTA DO COURO will be celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2014.
• ABQTIC also publishes the BRAZILIAN LEATHER GUIDE that has reached its 21st edition and is also distributed to members and everyone involved in the leather/footwear provision and production chains.
• ABQTIC owns its headquarters in the town of Estância Velha, RS, Brazil, where member meetings are held every month.
• ABQTIC runs 8 vice-presidencies operating in Brazil’s largest leather processing regions.
• Every two years, ABQTIC organises NATIONAL MEETINGS which take place in different regions of Brazil.
• ABQTIC is a member of FLAQTIC (Latin-American Federation of Leather Technologists and Chemists) and has organised and run four LATIN-AMERICAN CONGRESSES since 1972. In 2015, the XXI ABQTIC NATIONAL MEETING and the XIX FLAQTIC CONGRESS will be held concurrently with the IULTCS CONGRESS.
- Submission of abstracts by authors: from June 1st, 2014 to May 10st , 2015.
- Answer to authors of abstracts: from June, 1st, 2015 to June 15th, 2015.
- Submission of complete texts by authors: by September 10, 2015
- Papers must necessarily be submitted in English